Guidance for Positive Cases
Thank you for sharing your positive diagnosis of Covid-19 with us. Your health and safety is our top priority, and we’re here to help you navigate this difficult moment.
If you test positive for Covid-19, please take these steps:
- Notify your instructor, supervisor, and/or the Provost office of your status. We will help you identify your close contacts at the School, and we will notify them of the event.Your privacy will be protected throughout.
- Stay home and quarantine. To be able to return to the building, all of these must happen:
- At least five (5) days must have passed since the date of your positive test result. Even if vaccinated and asymptomatic, you can not return to NBSS until after this length of time.
- Any fever must have been absent for at least 24 hours (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers).
- Other symptoms must have improved (for example, when your cough or shortness of breath have improved).
- When you return to NBSS after quarantine, you must remain masked at all times, for five (5) full days.
- Continue to follow the other guidelines in our Covid-19 Health & Safety Plan.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the School when you’re ready. Please keep us informed of how you’re doing. As always, follow the advice of a medical professional and take good care of yourself. For any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
What is the School doing?
- We are taking the appropriate actions per our Response Plan. This includes but is not limited to securing the School, connecting with our community, and providing resources/guidelines for those affected.
- We are notifying close contacts of their status. As an added layer of precaution, we may also connect with those who had limited interaction with you, but who are not officially considered close contacts. In all of this, you will remain anonymous and your privacy is assured.
- Your instructor or supervisor will be in touch about remote work, if necessary.
- We respect the privacy and medical confidentiality of our community members who test positive for Covid-19.
- Please consult your local health department to report positive test results from self-administered tests. Positive PCR tests are reported by your healthcare provider.
- Note that each situation will follow these general procedures, but additional or alternative protocols may be used to address the specificity of any instance. Protocols may also change, as new health guidance becomes available.